Briarpatch Youth Services has an exciting job opportunity for a skilled professional. The agency is a dynamic non-profit community organization that has served Dane County since 1971. Briarpatch provides a broad array of services to more than 3,000 runaway, homeless, at-risk, and court-involved youth annually.
Job Title: Youth Supervisor - LTE
Youth Supervisors will provide quality employment programming to youth facing barriers to employment. Supervisors will work in pairs, supervising youth in a variety of service projects in specific communities around Madison. Multiple positions available.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred; background in social work, psychology, or education preferred
- Minimum 2 years' experience working with teens; experience working with youth of color and low-income youth strongly preferred
- Available to work for the duration of programming (May 21-August 17)
- Knowledge of Positive Youth Development, Restorative Justice, and Trauma-Informed Employment preferred
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain positive relationships with teens and community partners
- Plan and supervise project work throughout the summer
- Participate in recruitment and hiring of teens
- Ensure safety of teens, staff, and community members
- Communicate with teens and families regarding job performance
- Effectively manage behavior of teens
- Maintain all necessary documentation and/or data as required by program
15+ hours per week beginning May 21st through August 17th. Must be available Monday-Friday 12pm-6pm.
Access to reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and auto insurance required.
Starting pay is $15.00 per hour. This is a non-benefitted position.
To apply, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter
by April 25th to:
Briarpatch Youth Services
Attn: Sean Hubbard
2720 Rimrock Road
Madison, WI 53713-3337
No calls or recruiters please. Briarpatch Youth Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.