Briarpatch Youth Services Inc. is a private non-profit organization, providing youth development, outreach, counseling, shelter, and supervision services to over 3,000 youth annually.
Job Title: Youth Shelter Manager
Position Description: The individual in this position is responsible for ensuring that temporary shelter services provided to runaway, homeless, and at-risk youth are delivered in accordance with state licensing regulations and program standards established by the agency.
Qualifications: Prefer a Master’s Degree in social work, counseling or a related field from an accredited college or university with a minimum of one (1) year of post-masters full-time experience in a human services or youth development setting; Or a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in social work, counseling or a related field from an accredited college or university and at least two (2) years of full-time experience working in a human services or youth development setting. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides direct supervision of shelter staff, including hiring, termination, and completion of employee performance evaluations.
• Directs and coordinates provision of shelter and supports outpatient services to clients and ensures that clients receive quality services in a timely and professional manner. Provides direct services to Runaway & Homeless Youth Program clients.
• Coordinates the collection of information necessary to make accurate and timely reports to funding and/or regulatory agencies and completes/submits these reports in a timely manner.
• Ensures that shelter staff, student interns, and volunteers receive adequate training prior to assuming the duties/responsibilities associated with their position.
• Develops and implements policies and procedures in consultation with the Shelter Program Director/Clinical Supervisor.
• Ensures that student interns and volunteers receive regular/ongoing feedback regarding their performance.
• Ensures program compliance with client documentation/reporting standards and with agency policy/procedures.
• Determines the schedule for counselors working in the shelter and covers shifts in the shelter as necessary.
• Perform other responsibilities and related duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits: Starting salary is $35,880-$38,000. Benefits include health, life, dental and disability insurance as well as paid holidays and generous paid time off.
Work Hours: This is a 40 hour per week position with flexible office hours Monday- Friday; primarily between 2:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. Some weekend hours are required.
Transportation: Reliable transportation is required.
Briarpatch Youth Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.